Kosovo compromise: 14 working points
1. Belgrade and Pristina will focus on developing special relationships which will be based on their historical, cultural and human dimensions.
2. Belgrade and Pristina will in the future resolve problems in a peaceful manner and will not enter any actions or intentions which could be characterized as a threat to the other side.
3. Kosovo will be fully integrated into the regional structures, in particular those linked to economic cooperation.
4. There will be no return to the pre-1999 situation.
5. Belgrade will not rule over Kosovo.
6. Belgrade will not regain physical presence in Kosovo.
7. Belgrade and Pristina are determined to work on progress which will lead to the association and eventual membership in the European Union, as well as on progressive integration in the Euro-Atlantic structures.
8. Pristina will carry out wide measures aimed at improving the condition of the Kosovo Serbs and other non-Albanian communities, in particular through the decentralization of local government, constitutional guarantees and respect of cultural and religious heritage.
9. Belgrade and Pristina will cooperate in the fields of key importance, including:
a) The fate of the missing persons and the return of the displaced; b) protection of minorities; c) protection of cultural heritage; d) their European perspective and regional initiative; e) economic questions, including fiscal policy and energy, market and harmonization with the standards of the European Union, the development of common economic organs and the development of strategy in accordance with regional economic initiatives; f) freedom of movement of people, goods, capital and services; g) banking sector; h) infrastructure, transport and communications; i) protection of the environment; j) public health and social progress; k) fight against organized crime in particular in the fields of terrorism, arms, drugs and human trafficking, as well as in the fields of organized crime; l) cooperation between municipalities and authorities from the two sides; m) education.
10. Belgrade and Pristina will create common bodies which will assure cooperation.
11. Belgrade will not interfere in the relations of Pristina with international financial institutions.
12. Pristina will take care of its finances fully independently (taxes, budget revenues, etc).
13. Kosovo will continue the process of stabilization and association with the EU without any interference from Belgrade.
14. The international community will keep its civilian and military presence in Kosovo even after the status is determined.